This is an example of lower eyelid tightening. This particular client underwent upper eyelid tightening using voltaic plasma just the day prior the lower eyelid tightening treatment, discussed on this page. therefore the redness and the mild swelling of the upper eyelid, in the before picture, is due to the prior mild plasma eyelid tightening treatment.
In this page you will see:
- The video showing how the procedure was carried out. You will gain an appreciation of the entire content of this page and what type of intensity treatment was carried out and how.
- What aspects of this specific treatment can be improved.
- The before pictures showing the wrinkles of the expression lines on the lower periorbital area (lower eyelids)
- The pictures seven days after undergoing the treatment submitted by the client who underwent this aesthetic treatment.
- You will learn what after-care was carried out during the healing period.
- The day to day healing progression after the voltaic plasma treatment over the period of 5 days.
Below you can watch the video summarising the content on this web page. The video will show you in a few minutes:
- the before and after of each eye,
- the healing progression over the period of 7 days
- How the procedure was carried out, all the interruptions have been edited out.
You can limit yourself to watching the video in its entirety to have an overall appreciation of the content of this page. The video only lasts less than 10 minutes.
If you want to watch the fast-forwarded version please click here.
The intensity used in this particular treatment is relatively high. The device setting ranged between 10 to 12. Also as you can see the duration of the spots is relatively brief (a quarter of a second to half a second). Also, the distancing between the spots is between 1 to 2 mm maximum. The spots were applied as usual between the expression lines (wrinkles) and not inside them. In this case, the aesthetic practitioner (Andreas Russo MD of Areton Ltd as 2016), made sure the whole area was covered in order to achieve optimal results within the only session. Please note that the treatment can be repeated and leading to further appreciable improvement in the appearance of the lower periorbital lines.
What aspects can be improved, topical numbing cream.
In this case, the numbing product used was a 10% lidocaine based cream. This numbing product was applied using occlusion for 45 minutes. The area was not completely numb and therefore particular attention had to be paid to the pain experienced by the client.
The use of a stronger professional topical numbing product is always recommended whenever possible. Topical numbing products containing: Lidocaine 20%, Prilocaine 5%, Tetracaine 5%. are very effective in numbing the area even without occlusion and the client does not usually experience any significant pain or discomfort during the treatment. Those who underwent these types of aesthetic procedures using this type of numbing product reported that they still feel the zapping of the voltaic arcing bursts, however, no pain or discomfort is felt during the treatment.
It is important that the client is at ease during the aesthetic treatment. Please bear in mind that it is still possible to carry out most of these types of treatment s without any numbing product, however, this can make the experience of the treatment quite unpleasant. additionally, in case, the client is experiencing a high level of discomfort the treatment can last a lot longer, it may become impractical to carry out the treatment to the full extent you would like.
It is recommendable to use the strongest professional numbing product possible, in order to allow
- Ease and speed of operation.
- Allow the treatment to be carried out at its full potential. In case the client experiences too much discomfort or pain, carrying out the procedure at the intensity you deem suitable for the particular case may become impractical. For example, in case the customer is particularly sensitive and the numbing product is not as effective, you may find that certain power levels cannot be practically used. For example, if the customer is particularly sensitive, the lowest power levels may be tolerable while the higher power levels which you might use instead, may become not tolerable.
Therefore ensuring that the customer does not experience any pain or discomfort is very important this is done by using numbing products in the appropriate way. This is very important because it will have a repercussion on the way you will be able to work, the customer’s experience and sometimes even the final results.
In the case presented the use of a stronger professional topical numbing product would have been more suitable as this would have allowed a faster operation.
Lower Eyelid Tightening Before Pictures
The lower periorbilal wrinkles are not caused by a smile or a facial expression at the time the pictures were taken. Although the client has a relaxed face in all the before pictures the lower periorbital wrinkles are easily visible.
7 Days After The Treatment
7 Days after the plasma lower eyelid tightening
All the pictures below were taken 7 days after the treatment by the client herself.
Day to day healing progression and after-care.
The healing period, in this case, is relatively short. It lasted 7 days. The healing period depends on the area treated but most importantly, the aftercare.
Most of the adverse effects found after these types of aesthetic treatment seem to be associated with infections and the use of cosmetics during the treatment. For this reason in this case study, the client was clearly instructed to avoid all use of cosmetics, creams, antibiotic creams, antiseptics etc. This is because the use of such products has been shown to be the main contributor to delayed healing and various long-term adverse effects. The client was instructed to only wash the area as normal, twice a day with mild neutral soap.
It has been shown on a consistent basis that the simple use of mild neutral soap and water to cleanse the area had been enough to ensure a good and fast healing. This is the advise formally given to this particular client. As shown in the daily pictures submitted by the client the healing was relatively smooth and lasted only one week.
Please bear in mind that even when the scabs have fallen off the area is normally still for a while and red spots can appear where the voltaic spots were applied. In the case presented no red spots were reported. Please bear in mind that while the area is still red it usually feels slightly tender to the touch. This is when the use of total sun protection is advisable.
About the healing progression, please click on the link to jump to the relevant pictures: